You’ve heard of various coffee blends, well here are some ideas to make your own special “smart” blends for your favorite morning drink:
- Ghee butter: Contains 25 percent medium and short chain fatty acids compared to normal butter which contains only 12-15 percent. Butyric acid, one of the short chain fatty acids found in ghee has been linked to overall better gastrointestinal health as well as helping the body use it for fuel more efficiently.
- L-Theanine: Better mental focus, increased cognitive performance, weight loss, boosting the immune system, reducing blood pressure
- Tumeric: Many scientifically-proven health benefits, such as the potential to prevent heart disease, Alzheimer’s and cancer. It’s a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and may also help improve symptoms of depression and arthritis
- Ginger: Antibacterial, calms nausea, soothes sore muscles, eases arthritis symptoms, curbs cancer growth, lowers blood sugar, eases period pains
- Grape Seed Extract: Reduce blood pressure, improve blood flow, reduce oxidative damage, improve collagen and bone strength, supports your brain as it ages, improve kidney function, inhibit infectious growth, may reduce cancer risk
- Cayenne: reduce hunger, boost metabolism, high in antioxidants, contains capsaicin which could be helpful for pain, may help clear up congestion
- Blueberry extract: (also comes in powder form) rich source of antioxidants. These include anthocyanins, a class of compounds purported to reduce inflammation and protect against heart disease and cancer.
- Egg yolks: Contain vitamins A, D, E and K along with omega-3 fats. Compared to the whites, egg yolks are also rich in folate and vitamin B12. 5. The yolks are also packed with tryptophan and tyrosine, and amino acids that help prevent heart diseases
- Peruvian Gensing (Maca): enhance fertility and sex drive. It’s also claimed to improve energy and stamina. A 2015 study found that maca root may help reduce sexual dysfunction in postmenopausal women who were taking an antidepressant
- Ceylon Cinnamon: contains anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antimicrobial effects, supports your immune health, enhances antioxidant enzyme activity, may hel[ prevent or treat certain types of cancer
Experiment safely. Always research possible side effects of any supplements as well as any known conflicts with medications and other supplements. Not all results have been confirmed by published studies.